Wednesday is here so another edition of humpday confessions is in order. Here is my list this week:
- Of the many things in life that I just ‘don’t get’ fake is high on my list. If someone treats you badly, is rude and disrespectful and/or makes you feel negative about yourself, then yes share your feelings with those around you. But don’t moan for years and then fill your timeline with pics of your fake friendship/relationships. I don’t understand why people do that. When someone is rude and repeatedly presses all my buttons I walk away. That person won’t be a contact on any form of social media (hell – they won’t even be a contact on my phone) because I don’t feel the need to parade an empty friendship around like an accessory. Treat me badly? That is your choice. Walking away is mine. But I seem to be very alone in this way of thinking. Why is that?
- Now that I’m back in my reading routine I’m flying through books and cannot wait to share what I read in July. 4 books folks – 4 BOOKS. So much better than the solitary meh book I managed to get through in June.
- Speaking of books I shed quite a few tears for “The lives we touch” by Eva Woods. I cannot wait to do a review on this page turner. Eva Woods wrote “How to be happy” and as much as I enjoyed that, I LOVED her second book more.
- I’m sorry My Kitchen Rules Australia season 10 is finished. This was the 10th anniversary season and enjoyed it. Even though some teams were really rather rude and caused bad vibes at the various instant restaurants. I was disappointed that in a couple episodes the drama eclipsed the food. But all in all it was very enjoyable and I look forward to the next season.
- I need to learn how to NOT send any e-mails or texts after a super long day that is combined with a glass (or two) of wine. Recipe for disaster. Seriously! Looking at my phone on Tuesday morning and just shaking my head. Can I get a re-do for Monday?
- I really need to get highlights again soon. My roots are nearly at my ears and nobody is fooled with my lazy version of bel ombre.
- Oh my goodness but I’m sad that Big Little Lies is finished. How was that last episode?? I won’t say more in case I spoil it.
- It gets to me that after my gran passed away and my parents and sister moved from Cape Town, nobody bothers to ask how I feel about these two big life changes. In a space of less than a year I lost my Ouma and my parents and only sibling moved and now live far away. The visiting falls on me and people think that since I’m adult I must just keep on plodding along happily. I want to shout “No Cheryl, I’m NOT doing fine – I feel really low but thanks for NOT asking” occasionally. Not everyday but definitely today. Sometimes being an adult is difficult.
What about you, anything you’d like to share?