Picture source: https://www.pexels.com/
Why is it that we are so quick to moan about Mondays? My reasons are usually:
- The weekend is behind us, it is back to work and back into our routines
- Mondays always seem to have a longer to-do list than other days
- It means grocery shopping and trying to think of something healthy for dinner
- Errands and chores which don’t always fill one with excitement. Laundry really is a never ending story!
- An e-mail box that seems extra full
- Friday seems very far away
Whatever your reasons are, I suggest looking at Monday from a different perspective. It is the beginning of a new week which makes it a start of something new. And fresh starts can be fun.
So while I sit here with the heater on full blast, trying to ignore another cold I’m not going to complain. I’m going to list what I’m excited for right now:
- Healthy dinners with lots of vegetables this week
- Reading before bed and having early nights.
- Working on articles to submit as a guest blogger (I’m super excited about this and have lots of ideas).
- Wearing the new pink scarf I bought over the weekend.
- Using up vouchers I earned and stocking up on some random household stuff as well as a few treats for the weekend
- Getting spreadsheets updated early so that is done and dusted until next month.
- Watching “This is us” under a blanket on the couch with a cup of tea
- Sorting out my gift drawer. In an attempt to be more organised I’ve got a designated gift drawer at home. Perfect for last minute gifts. Going to be honest here and admit I ate one of the presents last week. Moving on.
- Downloading photos from the weekend. Weather was great in Hermanus.
- Getting rid of this cold (finally!) and getting back to gym. Treadmill withdrawal symptoms? YES.
Making a list of what you are looking forward to is so much more productive than moaning about a Monday. And life is too short to only live for Fridays.
Here is to a great week.