Been a busy but good week my side with lots going on and the days flying by. Spent an evening with my in-laws, did a new yoga class, got a new washing machine, went to the orthodontist, had some great gym workouts, caught up with work e-mails, started quarter end, grocery shopping, laundry and the like. When hubby and I woke up this morning we looked at each other with looks that said Friday at last!
On Fridays we list the things that made us happy.
Often it is easy to get caught up in a routine as deadlines, to-do lists and responsibilities fill our inboxes and heads. But with this group we list what made our week special. What made us smile. It is a reminder to look for the good in every day. So here is my list for the past week.
- Brunch with my ❤ on Sunday. Hubby fried the bacon and mushrooms, I made the flapjacks and we potter around the kitchen having coffee and a laugh. I treasure these happy weekend moments.
- Rain on Monday and Thursday!
- Fun with my in-laws on Monday evening after work. Rain had cleared and we played some bowls before going out to dinner.
- Slightly cooler weather. Autumn is on the way and (despite an amazing summer) I’m not fighting it. We’ve had such hot days that the cooler temperatures are so refreshing.
- Trying a new yoga class. Did Vinyasa hot flow and felt SO relaxed afterwards.
- Braces are working – amazing the difference in just over a month.
- Hot chocolate and marshmallows after a busy day.
- Going for a run on Wednesday and Thursday after work.
- Slowly getting on top of the laundry after our holiday. Love our new washing machine.
- Ugrading my WordPress account – yay!
This weekend we are planning on going for a cycle and I plan to have a brunch and hopefully a braai tomorrow.
What about you? What is on your gratitude list today?