Hello Friday! You know when you have those weeks where you are just brilliant at adulting, tick tons off your to-do list and are sitting on a Friday afternoon feeling smug and accomplished? Well that isn’t me today. Maybe next week hey?
I had the best birthday weekend and then it was back to reality on Monday (I do have some more leave planned so I musn’t complain).
There was alot of wine consumed this week. I’m actually a bit embarressed about the amount of recycling I need to sort out. Really lazy dinners. Not alot of gym. I spent alot of my week feeling overly sensitive to absolute nonsense and just incapable of releasing things from the past and moving on.
Let it go is a Disney song and sadly not my current motto.
- Having a great time in Wilderness for my birthday weekend. If you are ever in South Africa I highly recommend visiting the Garden Route for an amazing time. We go a few times a year to Wilderness and love every moment.
- Getting spoilt with lovely gifts. Got a new Pandora charm for my bracelet from hubby as well as two bouquets of roses.
- The weather was awesome for most of the weekend – sunny and warm. We’d expected rain and it only started late Saturday afternoon. Being from Cape Town and having this drought we never complain when there is rain but sunny weather on my birthday just makes me smile!
- Bowls with my in-laws on Monday after work. Lots of fun.
- Dinner afterwards.
- My Mother-in-law having a good Dr’s visit this week. She goes every 6 months for a check up after her cancer scare in 2017.
- Cooler weather today. Yesterday was unbearably hot.
- Lastly and this is a personal one. I took a big step and have decided that I will go and chat to someone about my anxiety and low moods which arrive with little warning. Sometimes they flatten me and lately they seem to take longer to leave. It doesn’t seem like any amount of yoga, meditation, tea, healthy eating, exercise, creative writing and wine (obviously not all at the same time) is helping me be my best self. And I despise the fact I take it out on those I love the most. I’d appreciate any advice that any of you would like to share. You don’t have to post in the comments (if you prefer) you can contact me via my blog, message me on FB, drop an e-mail, whatever is easier. Just any advice that you found helpful or would recommend. I’ve spent years thinking this will go away on its own and it just isn’t.