Each year I choose a word and then I try to live it out for the next 12 months. You can read about it here https://my30somethingadventures.wordpress.com/2019/01/07/my-word-for-2019-revealed/
This years word is Adventure and I’m excited to do a recap at the end of each month mentioning the ways I incorporated this word into January. Now before I continue please note that adventures don’t just mean expensive getaways – I’m looking into trying new things destinations, restaurants, experimenting with food, trying new gym classes etc Then I’ll confirm if this is something I’ll do again or just a ‘tried that once and that was enough’
- Hubby and I tried cooking a new pasta dish. It was delicious – pasta shells and bacon drenched in a cheese sauce. Will try again but with a different sauce as the cheese sauce was a bit rich.
- We went to a restaurant we’d never been to before in Darling. Enjoyable and the food was good.
- I tried a new gym class – Pound. Loved every moment and have done 3 this month.
- Went on a hike in De Hoop and went to see the vultures up Potberg Mountain. Amazing experience. Cannot wait to go back.
- Tried a different wine instead of my usual rose. Loving the Nederberg Stein I’ve discovered.
- Read a book by a new Author. Laura Marshall’s “Friend Request”. You can read the review here. https://my30somethingadventures.wordpress.com/2019/01/23/book-review-friend-request-by-laura-marshall/ Super creepy book that kept me guessing.
What about you? Did you try anything new in January?
There is alot to be said for trying new things. Wonder what February holds?