I’m linking up with Lindsay and the Peaceful Posse http://theflynnigans.com/ with my monthly goals and mantras.
October goals were:
Continue being more mindfulThis was made easier by spending more time offline. Read 3 books Update Goodreads (need to update the reading challenge!)
- Go to gym more often Could do better.
- Leave work stress at the office Getting there. Room for progress but I’m getting better at this.
November goals are:
- Read 4 books
- Go to a yoga class
- Sort out bookcase
- Do 30 days of gratitude (update gratitude journal every day for November)
- Make time for creative writing – 30 minutes, 3 times a week
- Get Christmas shopping done so there is no rushing around in December.
Mantras for the month:
“You do you. I’ll do me” – Unknown
Somebody mentioned this quote to me the other day when I said how sick I am of letting negative people get to me. There is no shortage of happiness and energy vampires (toxic people who cannot be happy for others) in my life and I’ve gotten tired of it. It doesn’t cost to be pleased when someone in your life is happy – seriously how difficult is it to say “that is nice, enjoy” or the equivalent. These are the same individuals who will blatantly enjoy anything bad that happens. They literally will smile when things don’t go smoothly for you (after a theatrical gasp for effect while they store up the story to go blurt to others).
It is a really mean trait to try drag others down and in a nutshell I’ve had it. So this is a quote which I’m going to be chanting all month long.
What about you? What is on your list of goals for the month?