Today is Thursday but it is a Friday for me. I’ve taken a days leave and cannot wait for my 3 day weekend to begin. 4:00pm: you can arrive now!
We have no big plans – literally just a weekend where we’ll see what happens and I’m really looking forward to it. This week was a short one – Monday being a holiday but it felt like a much longer week. I felt like I was constantly catching up with the previous day. I’m super behind on housework, need to get on top of laundry and hoping do a bit of pottering around in the garden. More rain is expected next week so hoping to plant some flowers over the weekend. I also want to do a wardrobe switch and move summer clothes out and pack away some winter ones. The weather is slowly warming up but today is quite overcast so I won’t be packing all my winter clothes away just yet!
I cannot believe September is nearly over and Monday is the 1st October – time is flying. To end off my week I’m doing my gratitude list a day earlier:
- A 3 day weekend that was awesome. Did day trips to Hermanus and Arniston.
- Seeing Blue Cranes on Sunday. Such beautiful birds
- New hair! Had highlights and a cut on Monday. I feel ready for spring!
- Spoiling myself with shampoo and conditioner from the salon (I usually buy from the supermarket but felt like giving my new highlights a treat).
- Hot chocolate with marshmallows.
- Naps over the long weekend.
- Old episodes of Modern Family
- Letting go of something I cannot control and focusing on the good stuff in my life instead.
- Weather has been less cold in the mornings and evenings. Spring is here!
What about you? What is on your gratitude list this week?