First Friday in July – where is the year going to? We are in the middle of winter and have been having some amazing rain. Also there is snow on the mountains which definitely adds to the chill! Really enjoying the heater in our office (I switch it on in the mornings before my PC) and it makes such a difference.
- Rain and so much of it lately! Dam levels are rising and looking so much better than last year this time.
- Mark making the most delicious butter chicken – it is perfect in this cold weather.
- Date night on Tuesday.
- Goodreads – finally I have an organised way of keeping a list of books I want to read. So much easier than writing them on pieces of paper I lose and then standing in a bookshop saying “Now I don’t remember the author or full title but I know what it is about”
- Tea. I love tea all year round but it tastes so good in winter.
- Books that are so good, you cannot put them down. I read “The break down” by B A Paris and finished it in 3 days. It was such a page turner.
- Ending work an hour early yesterday while Mark had a late meeting. I came home and put the kettle on. Since the sun was shining and it wasn’t freezing, I had tea outside on the bench and read a bit. Then I did some creative writing and when Mark got home we went out for dinner. Delicious burgers just made it a really good Thursday 🙂
- The cactus plant in our garden is looking rather fancy with the flowers – couldn’t resist a pic
- Learning to make peace with an upsetting situation. No matter what I do or how much I care, it will never be enough for certain family members. After 35 years – why am I surprised?
- The weekend being less than 3 hours away.