We’ve had some amazing rain this week and it has filled me with gratitude when I see the dam levels increasing. Winter has never been my favourite season yet this year I’m embracing the weather and just going with it. I know spring will come again and until then I’m enjoying the cosy aspects of the cold weather like hot chocolate, butter chicken and delicious soups. Winter jim jams and the comfort of my winter gown. Burrowing under blankets while watching TV. Sipping tea in front of the heater. Snuggling in bed.
- My Mom being up and about after weeks of bed rest.
- I cycled 32 km’s on Sunday. Not my best distance but I tried a massively steep hill and didn’t do too badly.
- Roast chicken and mayo on sesame seed rolls.
- Quarter end is done and dusted
- The list on the fridge. I bought a shopping list which sticks to our fridge as a reminder of things we need when grocery shopping. Instead Mark and I have turned it into a game of leaving hilarious messages for each other whenever we are in the kitchen.
- Lunch with a work friend this week. Had breakfast for lunch which I always enjoy.
- Books that you cannot put down. I enjoyed “The Store” by James Patterson this week. Read it in days.
- Date night on Wednesday. Ended work an hour early which was great and then in the evening we went out for dinner.
- Lindt chocolate balls (the strawberry flavour is my current favourite)
- Joining Goodreads! Oh my goodness why did I take so long? Shout if you are on there! I’ve already friended some bloggers and it is so much fun seeing what everyone is reading.
Tonight we are having butter chicken for dinner and my mouth is already watering. We need to go grocery shopping after work and pick up snacks as the FIFA World Cup starts tonight! Tomorrow we are hoping to go for a cycle (weather is looking good at the moment) and then brunch afterwards in Langebaan. No other plans other than to keep warm and unwind after the week.
What about you? What is on your gratitude list at the moment? Any exciting plans for the weekend?