I’m always happy when Friday rolls around but sometimes it seems to take extra long for this day to arrive!
Earlier this week my Mom went in for more tests. She had to have a bone marrow biopsy and we are awaiting the results. Waiting is the worst but I’m hoping and praying that the news is good.
We got some rain this side and last night the wind picked up and howled for hours. Woke up around 1:30am. Again at 4:30am. 5:10am. Today is a day where tea needs to move aside – I need coffee and lots of it! We are exhausted to say the least but I feel we cannot complain when we get rain – the dams need it so badly.
My gratitude list for the week:
- My Mom being open with us about her health issues. Usually she likes to protect me from worrying and I only hear about things afterwards (or often only when she is in hospital).
- Getting great weather for our day trip last Saturday to see the Quiver Trees.
- Dinners at Cattle Baron. I love their burgers.
- Running 4km on Sunday.
- Being on top of laundry and housework.
- Reading “The Power of Now” by Eckhart Tolle and realising the importance of being mindful.
- Rain this week.
- Saying no and not feeling guilty.
- Getting a box of Lindt chocolates as a gift.
- My hubby and his patience.
This evening we need to go grocery shopping for the weekend and tonight we are making a curry for supper and I’m really looking forward to it. This cold weather is perfect for it and I cannot wait to get home, showered and comfy. We were hoping to go cycling but everything depends on the weather. I’d like to see Melissa McCarthy’s new movie and we are planning a dinner at Cattle Baron so this weekend will be fun rain or shine!
What about you? What is on your gratitude list and what are your plans for the weekend?