Greetings Friday! So glad you’ve arrived! This week wasn’t too busy but I didn’t find my way to gym at all. I did cycle for over 2 hours on the weekend so I’m not going to feel bad. I just wish I didn’t blame the cold weather for skipping gym so often!
Had a fabulous date night with hubby on Tuesday evening – we had planned to go for a run but he suggested dinner out and dinner clearly won! I put more meal planning in this week – healthier lunches and dinners and this morning the scale registered this. I’m trying to eat less meat and without even trying had a couple of vegetarian days.
Fridays are extra cool as there is a link up with the fabulous Peaceful Posse. Lindsay http://theflynnigans.com/ Charlotte http://mypixieblog.com/ and Beth http://coffeeuntilcocktailsblog.com/ host this amazing Friday link up called What’s up weekend? Bloggers share their gratitude lists and it is awesome to read about what made fellow bloggers smile the past few days.
My list this week:
- Going to Langebaan on Saturday and enjoying brunch at Ginja Beanz. They make the best tramezzinis I’ve ever had. Seriously.
- Cycling 40 km’s afterwards! Longest cycle I’ve done so far – felt quite proud.
- When Mark surprises me with my favourite frozen yoghurt. Currently that flavour is Turkish Delight and it is delicious. Yes even in winter I love frozen yoghurt.
- Having more rain this week.
- Spontaneous date night on Tuesday.
- Clean home – funny how polished surfaces and sparkling clean bathrooms just put me in a good mood!
- Ended work an hour early yesterday and it was great to beat traffic, get home early, have a shower and get under blankets on the couch to watch a movie.
- Fresh bedding – slept so wonderfully last night. Had an early night and it makes such a difference.
- Reading a brilliant book my Aunt lent me. “Silent Voices” by Ann Cleeves. Couldn’t put it down – I found the main character awesome and I want to find other books featuring her. There is also a also a program on TV called “Vera” based on these books which I look forward to watching.
- Learning so much from “The Power of Now” by Eckhart Tolle. I’m just on chapter 3 but there is so much to take in and I’m nodding along to alot. Overthinking and the inability to live in the moment is an issue for so many. I don’t know what took me so long to read this. I remember Divya http://eatteachblog.com/mindfulness-and-productivity/ mentioning this on her blog recently and I’m grateful that I read her post. Thank you Divya 🙂
This weekend is going to be a fun one. We are off to photograph the Quiver Trees tomorrow in hopefully better weather. Hoping for a long cycle on Sunday – also weather dependent. Then a late lunch at Cattle Baron afterwards. Housework and laundry are sorted for the moment so no chores this weekend – just fun and relaxing to be had.
What about you? What is on your gratitude list this week? Anything exciting planned for the weekend?