What a week! It won’t go down as my favourite or anwhere near the top 1000 for that matter. I got back from leave on Monday (worst day to return to work because the week ends up feeling like a year). Side note: had a fantastic time in Sun City and the post will follow next week.
Anyway this week was incredibly long and busy and there just didn’t seem to be enough hours in the day. I feel like I’ve been doing a juggling act playing catch up from when I was on leave and every time I tick one thing off the list there are five more urgent things waiting. Quite frankly I need to learn how to say no. I cannot wait for 4:00pm to show up so I can get my weekend started.
Each Friday I share my gratitude list and link up with Lindsay http://theflynnigans.com/ Charlotte http://mypixieblog.com/ and Beth http://coffeeuntilcocktailsblog.com/ called What’s up weekend? Bloggers share their gratitude lists and it is a great way to start the weekend. My list this week included:
- An awesome time in Sun City. Seeing the leopard on our second last day was amazing! Relaxing, being away from work stress and just soaking up the sights and sounds of nature felt so good. I love Pilanesberg National Park and we visited every single day we were away.
- Coming home on Friday to a spotless home. Cleaned the day before going on holiday and so glad we did – always feels so good returning to an organised home.
- My Mom is feeling better – she was in alot of pain earlier this week but got it sorted on Monday.
- Breakfast at two of our favourite restaurants over the weekend.
- Bought myself a new dress on Sunday. Loving navy blue at the moment and don’t know why it took me so long to realise it suits me.
- Wine after a super shitty day.
- Roast chicken and comfort food.
- New slippers
- Driving on my own and building up my confidence as a driver. Yes I’ve had my licence for 16 years and no I still don’t enjoy driving.
- Friday at long last. Well timed as I have zero patience left for this week. It has taken my all and I’ve had enough!
Tonight is date night and we are going to the movies and then to dinner. Cannot wait. Literally counting down the minutes.
What is on your gratitude list for this week? Any exciting plans for the weekend?