Good grief how long was this week? We are sweltering in the heat and praying that we get rain which is forecasted for tonight. This week has been long. I had a sore throat, skipped gym and basically didn’t for a moment live out my OLW for 2018. I’ve let rubbish get to me and I just cannot seem to let go.
However, it is Friday and that means there is a link up that takes place with Lindsay http://theflynnigans.com/ Charlotte http://mypixieblog.com/ and Beth http://coffeeuntilcocktailsblog.com/ called What’s up weekend? Bloggers share their gratitude lists and it is a great way to start the weekend.
I didn’t do one of these last Friday so I’m catching up and combining last week and this one.
- My 35th birthday last week was fun! We went to Langebaan for the day and had breakfast at Ginja Beanz. Afterwards I went to a spa for some pampering – had a manicure and pedicure and felt wonderful. We drove back and had pre-dinner drinks at La Belle. I was super spoilt with gifts and on Saturday we drove to my parents and sister and they made a huge fuss of me – I felt like I celebrated for days! My parents organised a delicious lunch and we had champagne, a pudding my sister had made and lots of laughs.
- My Mom had the stent in her kidney out yesterday and is doing well. Seeing her over the weekend was awesome – she still gets tired but she says she is feeling better with each day. The whole weekend while we celebrated I kept thinking how lucky we are that my Mom made such a wonderful recovery and we still have her. I cannot wait to visit again – still getting used to them being far away.
- Clinique goodies. Treated myself to some make up and a moisturiser and got a free gift with purchase. I love their products and have been using it for over a decade.
- Gin and tonic. My Dad made me one over the weekend and it was so refreshing!
- Feeling better after my sore throat on Tuesday
- Cutting down on Facebook and realising I don’t miss it at all
- Having a laugh with a friend on Whatsapp this morning.
- Healthy lunch today. Even when I was craving a feta and spinach pie. Or 2.
- Tea on long days.
- Coming to the conclusion that 2 jealous people in my life (who I’ve spent decades being kind to while making excuses for their behaviour thinking it was me being oversensitive) will no longer be seeing me until they learn that respect works both ways. What pains me is that everyone thinks I get on so well with them (which I did at some stage but it all just went horribly sour late last year). I’m stunned by the rudeness – I don’t understand how after a healthscare a person can be more blunt, expect more and still dish out rudeness. The call on my birthday was the FINAL straw.
This weekend is going to be a quiet one. Need to go to the traffic dept and we are going out for breakfast tomorrow morning. What are your plans for this weekend? Whatever they are – I hope you enjoy!