I know I probably say this every Friday but TGIF! First full week back for 2018 and it was a very busy week. The weather has been hot and today is thankfully a little cooler here in Cape Town. I battled to fall asleep last night because it was still so warm and I felt like I’d just drifted off when the alarm sounded. So I’m a bit tired and have relied on many cups of tea to get me through today so far!
Each Friday there is an awesome link up that takes place with Lindsay http://theflynnigans.com/ Charlotte http://mypixieblog.com/ and Beth http://coffeeuntilcocktailsblog.com/ called What’s up weekend? Bloggers share their gratitude lists and it is a great way to start the weekend as we look back on the positives of the past week.
- Date night on Monday. We went grocery shopping and the shop was sold out of a couple of items so we went out for dinner instead. Delicious food and wine with my ❤ – great start to the week!
- Went back to gym. It was an effort but worth it!
- Dinner with a friend on Tuesday evening. It was wonderful to catch up over good food and plenty of laughs.
- Old episodes of “Mike and Molly” and “Friends” which I find funny all over again.
- Finished reading an amazing book on Monday and did a review within a few hours because it was that good! https://my30somethingadventures.wordpress.com/2018/01/08/book-review-the-pool-house-by-tasmina-perry/
- Super relaxing Wednesday evening sitting outside in the garden and enjoying the warm weather.
- Wine in my new wine glasses.
- Alison Pearson’s book “How hard can it be?”. Cannot put it down.
- Frozen yoghurt. Summer berries is currently my favourite. It was strawberry a few days ago so it changes regularly.
- Air conditioning in the office. Sitting with it on at the moment and feeling super chilled!
We are heading up the West Coast this weekend for a day trip, hoping to add new birds to our lifer list and stopping off at a favourite restaurant for brunch. Then tomorrow night we’ve planned another braai. We’ll see what Sunday brings – need to catch up on housework and still need to get my organise-the-kitchen project off the ground. Opening the cupboard the other day and moving bowls around did not achieve much.
What about you? What have you got planned?