This week was a good one. Had an awesome date night with Hubby on Tuesday. I went to gym and started running again. Ate healthy meals. Slept better than I have in months. The scale took note of me putting my running shoes on and not eating a packet of biscuits just because it was in the kitchen cupboard.
So all in all it was good. And it is about to get better because today is Friday and the weekend is exactly 2 hours and 10 minutes away.
Each Friday Lindsay http://theflynnigans.com/ Charlotte http://mypixieblog.com/ and Beth http://www.thebethnextdoor.com/ host a link up called What’s up weekend? Bloggers take stock of what made them happy during the week and it is a wonderful way to start the weekend as we share our gratitude lists.
This week I have lots to list, so let me get started:
- An amazing time in Hermanus – stayed in the penthouse at our favourite hotel on Saturday night. I’ll do a post next week but in the meantime will say I am grateful for the lovely getaway Mark planned for us.
- 2 x 30 minute runs after work this week.
- Date night with my love on Tuesday
- Doing a guest post on Lecy’s blog https://asimplergrace.blogspot.co.za/2017/11/asg-creative-corner-anthea.html
This was the first time I was a guest on a blog 🙂 Lecy explained everything perfectly and it was wonderful to share something creative with other bloggers.
- Wednesday evening was just one filled with contentment. Did grocery shopping and came home and chilled on the bench in our garden.
- Mark planted a tree in our garden and it finishes it off perfectly.
- Hot chocolate – yes I know it is summer but I love hot drinks all year round
- Getting more sleep. Haven’t been sleeping great and it was wonderful waking up feeling refreshed rather than utterly exhausted.
- The wonderful blogging community that I’ve been fortunate to join. When I started my blog it was just a little creative space for me and I feel so blessed to have gotten to know fellow bloggers in the process.
- Healthier meals this week. Been experimenting with different vegetable and chicken stir-fry combinations – delicious.
Hubby and I are going out for dinner tonight, tomorrow we are having a braai and I’ve got shopping with a friend on Sunday so a good weekend is just waiting for 4:00pm to roll around.
What are you grateful for this week?