Well it is about time! I thought Friday would never arrive! The week started well but won’t go down as my favourite week. Or anywhere near the top 100. Still struggling with letting things go, finding it is easier to make mountains out of molehills and reaching for a glass of wine instead of my gym shoes after a long day a couple of times this week. Not my greatest attempt at adulting.
The weather is warming up here and we had thunder and lightening on Wednesday evening. I’ve been battling to sleep properly for ages now – I wake up for no reason at odd times and then toss and turn until falling into a deep sleep just before the alarm goes off. And that is without a storm outside!
So I’m not feeling my greatest at the moment. I climbed on the scale this morning and promptly climbed off. Good grief! The comfort food this week came with a price!
Anyway it is Friday and that means sharing what made me happy this week:
- Meeting a friend for tea and cake at a beautiful wine farm on Saturday afternoon. We chatted for hours and the time just flew.
- Breakfast at Fraiche Ayres with hubby.
- Got so much done on Sunday. Hubby trimmed a tree, we bought new doormats, hand towels and a dishrack. I finally decided on an orchid for the kitchen (each time I got to the shop I tried to choose one and they all look so pretty so I couldn’t decide). We had lunch and then took a long chilled drive before going to Cattle Baron for dinner.
- Flowers that bounce back in the garden with just a bit of rain.
- Making Monday evening a chilled one. Postponed gym and has a slow and enjoyable evening with a delicious but healthy dinner.
- That Tuesday went well. It was the anniversary of my Gran passing away and so it was the final ‘first’. For ages I’ve been dreading that day but Tuesday went surprisingly smoothly and I felt a lot calmer than I have in a while. Got such thoughtful and kind messages from friends and I was filled with gratitude. My Gran was an amazing lady and I will always miss her but she has left me with such wonderful memories and for that I’ll always be grateful.
- Boerewors rolls and chips – comfort food after a long day.
- Getting on top of the laundry.
- Wine. Tea can only do so much.
- Finishing another book so I’m on track for my goal of reaching 40 books by the end of the year.
What is on your gratitude list right now?