5 Reasons I enjoy being a bookworm
I’ve always loved books and cannot remember a time I haven’t been a bookworm. Here are my top 5 reasons why I wouldn’t change this:
- I can be transported anywhere in seconds. Pick up a book and it can take you back in time or send you ahead into the future. You can be whisked away on your lunch break to somewhere far away and I love that. It is really my favourite form of escapism.
- Bookshops make me happy. I always say I’m just going to browse but I know it isn’t the case. I have to buy something. I love to walk into a bookstore and not know what I’ll be purchasing. Just walking along waiting for the right book (or 2) to catch my attention
- It is the quickest way for me to relax. Long day? Work stress? Need a break? Pick up a book. It goes wonderfully with a cup of tea and is the perfect way to de-stress.
- I get book hangovers of note and then I know I’ve really enjoyed a book (and could re-read it in future). You know when you read a book so fantastic that you feel super sad when it is finished? That is me. Sometimes I need to take a moment to reflect before delving into the next book. Sounds dramatic but it is true.
- Discovering new Authors and then trying to read everything they have written. Recently I started reading Cathy Kelly’s books and they are awesome. I love a feel-good book.