This hasn’t been my favourite week! Felt awful on Monday after no sleep. Had to go to a meeting after work on Tuesday (after a rushed grocery shop), Wednesday I had training at the office then hubby had a work dinner afterwards. I feel like I’ve been rushing around all week and I’m downright exhausted. It was one year ago that my Gran’s had a massive stroke on Monday which means last year this time we had 8 weeks left with her. The 1 year of her passing away is less than 2 months ago and I cannot wrap my head around that. It still feels like yesterday. I really thought I was doing fine and it is a shock to discover this week that I am not doing all that well.
I am trying to be positive and so here is my gratitude list for this week:
- Relaxing weekend in Hermanus celebrating a special anniversary.
- Feeling better – drinking loads of water and getting some sleep really helped. I don’t know if I felt so ill from something I ate and I need to get an allergy test sometime to see if I need to limit certain foods. Feeling worse and worse every time I eat certain carbs.
- Mark – always taking care of me
- Training at work went well on Wednesday
- Warmer weather. Although we are very hopeful for the rain which has been predicted for later.
- A friend of mine who has alot on her mind, taking the time to send a really sweet and thoughtful message.
- Quarter end is finished
- According to the scale, 2 weeks of healthier eating paid off.
- Sorbet nail polish – currently wearing a pretty red one.
- Finally admitting that I have not dealt with my grief properly and I need to address it.
What is on your gratitude list this week?