Today is the 1st of September which means spring has arrived! I’m looking forward to warmer weather and not wearing layers of clothing. Packing the heater away. Enjoying more braais. Having sundowners on the bench in our garden after work (as opposed to sitting under blankets on the couch with tea). Swapping jackets and winter woolies for my summer clothes. I don’t know if it is just me but I have much more to wear in summer than winter!
Anyway it is time for my weekly gratitude list and today this includes:
- Mark got some great photos in Arniston on Saturday.
- Lazy Sunday breakfast
- Mark surprised with a beautiful candle from Pure and it smells amazing.
- The rain we got on Tuesday
- Clean and tidy home
- Dinner at Cattle Baron – delicious burgers and chips
- Watching old re-runs of “Mike and Molly”
- Completing a big task at work – yesterday was a mad rush but worth it.
- Little things that remind me of my Gran. The snapdragon flowers that popped up in our flowerboxes. A gift bag I found the other day with her handwriting on the tag – I remembered it was the last Christmas gift she gave Mark and I. It feels like gentle reminders from her saying she is still around.
- Fish and chips at work today for lunch. Super tasty!
Less than 2 hours until the weekend – I cannot wait! Been such a long week and I am counting the minutes to 4:00pm.
What is on your gratitude list this week?