Happy Friday everyone! Each Friday Lindsay http://theflynnigans.com/ Charlotte http://mypixieblog.com/ and Beth http://www.thebethnextdoor.com/ host a link up called What’s up weekend? Bloggers take stock of what made us happy during the week and it is a wonderful way to start the weekend as we share our gratitude lists.
It feels like it has been a long and busy week but there were lots of good things and excitement along the way. My best friend had a baby yesterday and I’m so happy for her and her husband. Wendy and I met when we were 5 years old and have known each other for almost 3 decades. Her Mom kept me updated on Whatsapp – starting on Tuesday when it looked like baby was getting ready to meet the world. Wendy moved to the States quite a few years ago and it is times like this that the distance feels huge and I miss her even more. Yes we have Whatsapp and FB to keep each other up to date but it isn’t the same as walking down the street to see your bestie (growing up we lived in the same road.)
- So my gratitude list starts with my bestie becoming a Mom – I know her and her hubby are going to be awesome parents to their bundle of joy.
- Wendy’s Mom keeping me updated with the exciting news from Tuesday to yesterday and sending pics of their beautiful grandson.
- Whatsapp – I have a new appreciation for it after the past few days.
- The landscape photography Mark is enjoying – a few pictures from last weekend had a rainbow which was really beautiful
- Rain – we had some on Tuesday and Wednesday
- Awesome bloggers on the Peaceful Posse https://www.facebook.com/groups/ThePeacefulPosse/
- Books that you just want to devour and find impossible to put down. Currently enjoying “The Food of Love Cookery School” by Nicky Pellegrino. The scenery sounds so beautiful and the food is described with such enthusiasm.
- My new candle which smells incredible. Usually I save pretty candles for special occasions but not this one. I enjoyed it on an ordinary Wednesday evening and it made the lounge smell amazing.
- Chilling last night after a busy day. Stopped at the shop after work for an easy dinner and some treats and watched sitcoms and relaxed.
- The weekend is just over 2 hours away……
What is on your list today?