Weekly catch up
Happy Friday everyone! Each Friday Lindsay http://theflynnigans.com/ Charlotte http://mypixieblog.com/ and Beth http://www.thebethnextdoor.com/ host a link up called What’s up weekend? Bloggers take stock of what made us happy during the week and it is a wonderful way to start the weekend as we share our gratitude lists.
My list this week includes:
- a mini-break to Hermanus last Saturday. Hubby and I left early and were thrilled that the whales are back! We walked around and saw 3 before we went to The Bistro for breakfast. Afterwards we went for a drive to look for Canola fields. Mark wanted to try out his landscape lens before we headed back to Hermanus for more whale sightings, drinks, rugby and pizza.
- On Sunday before we left I treated myself to some goodies from Pure (the shop which is part of the restaurant we visited the day before. The candle and soap smells amazing and I chose a lavender oil which I’m looking forward to using.
- Went back to gym on Monday and managed to go 3 times this week.
- Public holiday on Wednesday and we decided to do a day trip to Hermanus (yes we seriously love the place). Left before sunrise and I took some pics along the way.
After breakfast there were 2 whales which we spotted while going for a walk and we just stood watching them in awe. My cellphone obviously didn’t pick them up but I’m hoping to get a photo which Mark took to show next week 🙂
- Rain! And the most beautiful rainbow this morning.
- Enjoyed 2 meat-free dinners this week and 2 carb-free days
- More energy from going to gym. Last night I cleaned the fridge and tackled a big pile of ironing.
- Did the grocery shopping yesterday so dinner for tonight and tomorrow is sorted.
- Ticked loads off my to-do list this week. Just feeling more productive and motivated since going back to gym.
- There is an unopened packet of zoo biscuits in the kitchen cupboard just waiting to be enjoyed in less than 3 hours!
What is on your gratitude list for this week?