This week has dragged by so slowly, it felt like Friday would never arrive. But here we are *does a happy dance*
I am seriously doing a countdown to 4:00pm as I type this.
Anyway despite being a long week with a few irritations along the way (I found a self-appointed expert to be bloody annoying, I hardly found time to gym and I let silly things get to me) there is alot to be grateful for. So here is this weeks list of things that made me happy:
- Mark’s project at work is going well. He did a course in March and is now working on a huge project as well as doing all his work. I’m so proud of him and his dedication.
- PNA had a sale last week. Now as someone who adores stationery – this was wonderful. I went on Friday after work. Then I went again on Sunday (I had to make sure I hadn’t missed something)!
- Awesome Saturday. Woke up and had delicious flapjacks and bacon for breakfast, took a long and scenic drive to Franschhoek and visited the Station Pub. We sat outside and it was quite cold but we warmed up instantly when our lunches arrived. I had been thinking about pizza for days and it was worth the wait!
- Attending a very interesting client seminar on Tuesday.
- Doing the grocery shopping last night after work for this weekend. My word but I don’t enjoy grocery shopping! Shoe and clothing shopping? YES. Book shopping? YES. Stationery shopping? HOORAY. Grocery shopping? MEH. Ended up going to 3 different shops to get everything (major annoyance) but I cannot wait for tonights comfort food and treats that are just waiting at home ready to be enjoyed.
- Working out a new fitness/healthy eating plan. Still very much in progress but I don’t want to let my gym card gather dust just because it is winter.
- Reading with a cup of tea first thing in the morning.
- Rain is predicted this weekend and again next week (praying we get LOADS).
- Mark making me laugh out loud at the most random things – I am grateful for my husband’s sense of humour as I sometimes forget mine when I’m stressing over nonsense.
- Two days of fun and relaxation are less than 8 hours away!
What about you? What is currently on your gratitude list?